Advantage of MIG WIRE over conventional electrodes
- High quality welds can be produced much faster.
- Since a flux is not used, there is no chance for the entrapment of slag in the weld metal resulting in high quality welds.
- The gas sheild protects the arc so that there is very little loss of alloying elements.Only minor weld spatter is produced.
- MIG welding is very Versatile and can be used with a wide variety of metals and alloys.
- The MIG process can be operated in several ways.Including semi and fully automatic.
- Mig wire have no absordent coating and no moisture pickup. Hence low weld hydrogen.
- No need for drying oven to recondition electrodes.